Thursday, October 30, 2014

Act 1 continued

In Hamlets first soliloquy he expresses extreme dislike for his uncle and mother and sadness for his father. The text shows us a mixture of emotions that unfold before us in a straighter tone, but the films show different takes on how the word were said. Although we don't know exactly the tone of Hamlets words; we do know that any which way he said them, his meaning came through his close connections to the subject. I feel that it gave direct insight into the character and how he deals with his problems. Including the first aside to the audience, I gathered that he is one of intelligence in which he knew  not to speak in front of company in the manner he wanted to. 

- in purgatory ghost 
-Wife distanced herself from husband, Claudius seduced Gertrude 
-he was poisoned 
-hamlet got idea for revenge from father 
-I have sworn it 
- it's not should I should I not, it's that he is resolved 
-ubiquitous, can't tell anyone 
-there are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy. 
- the time is out of joint; O cursed spite that ever I was born to set it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment