Monday, August 18, 2014

Reflections on Week 1

  1. Are there any factors that you think are going to affect your participation or experience in this class? Access to a computer?  Mobile/smart phone?  Transportation?  Friends/family? Schedule?
  2. Think of an awesome best ever learning experience that changed you. What did you learn? Where were you? What happened? Who else was there? Did it teach you anything about how you learn (or pay attention... or remember, or think?) How did you know what was happening? 
  3. What are you most [excited/concerned] about in this class? What do you look forward to in learning?  How do you think it can/will make a practical difference in your life?
1. Factors that could hinder my participation in this class are my tight schedules every day and while I'm away from my home computer how am I suppesd to effectively post items onto my blog. However I think that with the use of my phone I can email myself all of my work that I do away from home so i can have it ready for edititing when I get home. 

2. The greatest learning experience I have ever encountered would be at Marian Hospital in the Mentor Program, this past summer. I say this because I was finally able to see things that have ineterested me my entire life. I learned about the anatomy of the body and hows specific surgeries are preformed. I also learned about doctor auras and the hospital staff that I never knew before. The experience changed my perspective on surgery, in that these doctors arent perfect and nobody needs to be. I strongly feel that with this experience I have become a more knowledgable and thriving student with the drive to experience new things and not be afraid to speak up to learn. I found how things worked inside the body with examples and watching many different doctors use the same techniques in preforming majorly different techniques. I asked many questions one on one with the doctor I followed, being sure to absorb all the information I could in one sitting. 

3. What I am most concerned about in this class is the fact of judgements. I feel that with posting my thoughts online I become vulnerable to the criticisms of others. However I think that the experience will help me open up and express my thoughts more freely and less stressfully. In this I mean I won't have to studder through my words when I speak in front of the class because these people  know where I'm coming from. What I look forward in with learning is the ability to speak in situations and not be pressed with extreme anxiety. I think this opening of the open source learning witll enhance my abilities to work in the eyes of others and not feel so nervous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment